What is RetailPOS?
RetailPOS is a ready-to-use retail business solution that enables you to operate, record, track and manage your sales and inventory, from 1 to 100 branches.
Why Use RetailPOS?
RetailPOS gives you powerful inventory management, sales management (called Point of Sale or POS) and business analysis tools that are very simple to use without any setup required.
Who can benefit from RetailPOS?
Businesses such as single or multi-branch specialty stores, boutiques and chain stores can use RetailPOS such as bookstores, jewelry stores, camera stores, gift shops, stores, hair salons, pet stores, baby boutiques, wholesalers, home businesses, and duty-free shops.
What do I need to get started?
You just need a computer. You can optionally connect a receipt printer, scanner and cash drawer.
No Additional Monthly or Annual Licensing Fees:
Once you purchase and register Retail POS there are no other fees to be paid in order to use the software in your business. You may optionally purchase voice support time or program upgrades but we do not require you to do so.
What kind of businesses can RetailPOS POS support?
Our Point of Sale software can be used for many types of enterprises such as:
Retail and Wholesale Stores, Fast Food, Restaurant, Coffee Shops, Liquor Stores, Clothing, Hardware, Boutiques, Gift Shops, Toy Stores, General Merchandise, Quick Service Restaurants, Most Hard Goods and Convenience Stores, Small Grocery Stores and Pizza Delivery.
Can I get a printed installation and user guide?
Due to the expense of duplicating, shipping and handling we no longer offer a printed version of the POS User Guide. The installation and user guide is provided on our web site free of charge and can be printed using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Can I get Free Technical Support?
RetailPOS provides LIMITED free support On-Line only. Telephone Support may be purchased for a nominal fee. Please consult our Support Page for details.
Do I qualify for free upgrade?
You can update or upgrade your RetailPOS software free of charge within the Warranty Period of your initial purchase
What is the policy for service packs and updates?
The RetailPOS Software support lifecycle policy requires that the product's supported service pack or minor update be installed to continue to receive support. These Updates are available to maintenance customers free of charge for up to one year from the original purchase date.
Do you offer technical support?
Yes, we offer technical support. When you purchase the software, you receive 90 days of free technical support. After the 90 days, you have the option to purchase technical support on a yearly basis.
Do all of my employees have access to the Point of Sale and register transactions?
No, all of your employees do not have access to the point of sale transactions unless you give them permission in the system. If an employee does not have a password assigned, then he or she cannot access the point of sale.
Are there security features within the software?
Yes there are security features, user and function wise in the RetailPOS software. You can assign permissions to each specific screen and report.
Does RetailPOS track inventory sales?
Yes, the RetailPOS system do keep track of inventory sales. Each item that is sold is deducted from the inventory database and you can check the stock of a product at any given time. Also, you can print out inventory reorder forms which list how much of each item is in stock, the minimum quantity you would like to have and your cost per item. Once a fresh shipment of inventory is received, you can add the quantity into the system and it will update your inventory information.
What are the hardware requirements for the basic RetailPOS software?
The minimum hardware requirements for the basic RetailPOS software system include: An IBM compatible PC, Intel Pentium processor, 1 Gb ram, hard drive with 40MB free space, CD Rom drive, and Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
Almost all of the calls that come into our support center are problems with Hardware, Windows, Networking or other issues not directly related to the POS Software. We have found over the years that if you adopt and follow some tried and true techniques you will have minimal problems with your hardware and software. Most of our customers who have followed these techniques have been running Retail POS Software for years without a single failure. What you will read below are recommendations and your decision to follow them is entirely up to you.
1. DO NOT turn off your computer without exiting Retail POS completely.
This includes all terminals as well if running on a network
2. DO NOT reset or restart your computer without exiting Retail POS completely.
This includes all terminals as well if running on a network
3. Put battery Backups (UPS) on EVERY critical piece of hardware.
This includes the Server, ALL workstations, Network Hubs, Etc.
Leaving one computer unprotected can cause adverse effects on all other computers.
4. Use a WIRED network on ALL computers. Wireless Networks are not designed for high speed database applications and are not recommended or supported with this POS Software.
5. If you are using the POS system for surfing the Internet and running your business at the same time you risk the chance of picking up a Worm or Virus which could damage your POS program and your data.
6. If connected to the Internet, properly configure firewalls or anti-virus programs so they don't slow your sales system down. These programs tend to filter every read and write to the hard drive and can slow performance as much as 75%.
7. Put a Backup Tape Drive, Mirrored Hard Drive or RAID system in your main computer.
8. Use a dedicated File Server. This means a machine that sits in a closet that NO ONE uses for anything but running the POS Software and backup routines.
9. Turn off Automatic Windows Updates. Automatic Windows Updates can restart your computer without properly notifying you. If the Retail POS SQL databases are open or you are using the system and Windows abruptly restarts the databases could corrupt preventing further use of the system. From time to time if you wish to update Windows do it manually under controlled conditions